Handheld Garment Steamer User Manual
Ⅰ. Model Specification
Ⅱ. Components and installation drawings
A, Steam head B. Handle C. Power indicator light D.Cord guard
E. Steam activation button F. Water tank release button
G. Water tank (removable) H. Fabric brush (removable) I. Measuring cup
J. Power button K. Water tank switch
Ⅲ. Operating instructions
USING YOUR CLOTHES STEAMER
Before first use
- Remove any sticker or protective cover from the steam head.
- Unwind and straighten the cord before use.
- When operating the clothes steamer for the first time, allow it to steam for 20 seconds.
- This will remove any impurities and odors that might have been left by the manufacturing process.
- When operating the clothes steamer for the first time, you may want to try the steamer on an old piece of fabric before steamer on an old piece of fabric before steaming your garment.
Warning: To avoid an electrical circuit overload, it is recommended that no other appliances are plugged into the same circuit as your clothes steamer when it is in use.
Note: when unpacking the clothes steamer, check to see you have received all the items listed in the parts list, before discarding the packaging.
ASSEMBLING/OPERATING YOUR CLOTHES STEAMER
- Press the water tank release button, pull out the water tank, open the water inlet cover and fill tap water into the water tank until it reaches the MAXIMUM level (as the picture shows). Always ensure the water tank is at least a third full. Do not exceed the MAXIMUM level when filling the water tank. Then put back the water tank .
- Hold the appliance with your hand positioned safely at the neck of the clothes steamer in an upright position, use your other hand to attach the fabric brush onto the steam head. The fabric brush can be attached either way and will lock into position with an audible "click".
- Connect the appliance to a power outlet and switch on. Press the power button, the power indicator light will be flashing, appliance began to heating, when the lights stop flashing into long bright, that preheat finished, you can start using. Switch OFF the steamer by press the power button. When the appliance is power off the indicator light will extinguish.
- Once the water is filled to the MAXIMUM level and the appliance is connected to the power outlet, allow the clothes steamer to preheat for before use. The warm-up indicator is red, and the indicator turns blue after the warm-up is completed.
- This clothes steamer has a intelligent automatic power off function. When the user stops operating this product over a certain time, the product of internal control circuit will be cut off power supply, prevent the happening of the accident, and can save electricity.
HOW TO STEAM YOUR GARMENT
- The clothes steamer is easy to use and is perfect for removing wrinkles/creases from garments and curtains as well as refreshing furnishing fabrics.
- It can be used on most fabrics as long as the fabric is hanging or where the clothes steamer can be easily used in an upright position moving over the fabric in an up and down motion.
NOTE: The clothes steamer is designed to be used in an upright position on hanging garments. Be careful when ironing horizontally. It is generally recommended to hang the product for ironing.
- Check that there is ventilation behind the fabric otherwise moisture may build up causing mildew.
- Check garment pockets are empty and turn-ups such as cuffs and hems are down.
- Hang the garment from a hanger and stretch the fabric slightly with one hand checking that there is nothing behind the fabric that can be damaged by the steam.
NOTE: We recommend you do not steam over metal accessories. Using caution and steam around the metal accessories.
4.Press and hold down the steam button, you will feel vibrations and hear a subtle humming sound while steaming; this is normal, steam facing away from you and in an upright position.
5.Gently press the fabric brush against the garment, moving your arm in an up and down motion targeting creases in the fabric.
6.Release the steam button to stop the steam. (You can click to make the clothes steamer indirectly emit steam, or press the button to make it continue to emit steam)
NOTE: Ensure that the fabric to be steamed is being stretched whilst steaming for best results.
WARNING: The clothes steamer generates high temperatures of steam. Do not touch the steam head, make sure the steamer is facing away from you in an upright position.
7.If using the clothes steamer without the fabric brush, keep a distance of at least 5cm between the steam head and the garment.
TO STEAM CURTAINS
- Wash and dry curtains as directed, according to the fabric type.
- Hang the curtains and steam when they are hanging in place.
- Lightly stretch the curtain with one hand while steaming to help remove creases more easily.
TO STEAM UPHOLSTERY
1.The clothes steamer can be used to help freshen up upholstery, slip covers on furniture and cushions from the furniture and in the room. Before steaming, always test on a small area of the fabric that is not visible.
2.Keeping the clothes steamer in an upright position and using and up and down motion. Lightly steam over the fabric of your furniture. Cushions should be removed and held upright for steaming. Allow cushions to dry thoroughly before replacing on furniture.
NOTE: It is recommended that you use the fabric brush attachment when steaming delicate fabrics such as silk, this will minimize the garment whilst steaming. For better result when removing stubborn creases, remove the fabric brush attachment from the steam head and continuously steam over the selected area until creases are removed. WARNING: If garment has metal accessories, be cautious and do not have clothes steamer directly over the metal as this may discolour the metal.
WARNING: Always unplug the clothes steamer before attaching or detaching the fabric brush.
NOTE: Only use attachments or accessories provided.
NOTE: If the unit becomes noisy with a loud humming sound and no steam is being generated, check the water level in the water tank. This may indicate that the clothes steamer is out of water and needs to be refilled.
WARNING: Do not use the clothes steamer directly on the body, animals, or while wearing the garments.
AFTER EACH USE
- Press the power button, switch the power off at the power outlet and disconnect the power cord from the power outlet.
- Open the water tank inlet and (over a sink or bucket) invert the water tank to empty the remaining water from the tank.
- Stand the clothes steamer on its base, in an upright position, and allow to cool.
Ⅳ. Care, cleaning and storage
Care and Clean
- Remove the fabric brush from its steam head and clean using a damp cloth.
- Do not use harsh or abrasive cleaning agents or solvents.
- Do not put the clothes steamer in water or any other liquid.
- Do not drop, throw or try and bend the steamer.
- Do not attempt to disassemble the appliance.
- The clothes steamer is designed for household use only and to be used with normal tap water. Do not put perfume, vinegar; or other chemicals in the tank. The appliance is not designed to work with these chemicals.
- Always empty the water tank after each use and rinse with clean water.
- Wipe outer surfaces with a damp cloth.
- Avoid operating the appliance in humid or moist places.
- Do not locate the appliance near a heat source or direct sunlight.
- Always ensure the steam outlet hole is clean and free from scaling and not blocked.
NOTE: This clothes steamer is designed to use normal tap water.
- Once the clothes steamer has been disconnected from the power outlet, allowed to cool, emptied of water in the water tank and cleaned, it is recommended to warp the cord safely around the steamer to store in an upright position.
- We recommend you store the clothes steamer on a flat surface, such as in a cupboard, until it is time to use it next.
Do not dispose of electrical appliances as unsorted municipal waste； use separate collection facilities. Contact your local government for information regarding the collection systems available. If electrical appliances are disposed of in landfills or dumps, hazardous substances can leak into the groundwater and get into the food chain, damaging your health and well-being.
Ⅴ. Important Notice
IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS FOR YOUR HAND-HELD CLOTHES STEAMER
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons(including children)with reduced physical,sensory or mental capabilitiesor lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety and understand the hazards involved Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- If the supply cord is damaged,it must be replaced by the manufacturerthe service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Care should be taken when using the appliance due to the emission of steam.
- Please remember to unplug the clothes steamer before attaching or detaching the fabric brush during filling,cleaning and descaling.
- Carefully read all instructions before operating the hand-held clothes steamer for the first time and save forfuture reference.
- Any maintenance other than cleaning should be performed at an authorized service centre.
- Remove and safely discard any packaging material and promotional labels before using the clothes steamer for the first time.
- To eliminate a choking hazard for young childrenremove and safely discard the protective cover fitted to the power plug of this clothes steamer.
- Do not place the clothes steamer near the edge of a bench or table during operation. Ensure that the surface is level. clean and free of water and other substances.
- Always ensure the clothes steamer is properly assembled before use. Follow the instructions provided in this book.
- Do not use in bathrooms.
- Do not leave the clothes steamer unattended when connected or in use.
- If the clothes steamer is not used for an extended perioddisconnect the clothes steamer from the power outlet.
- Allow the clothes steamer to cool completely before storing the clothes steamer .
- Always place the clothes steamer on its base when storing. Do not leave the clothes steamer unattended while connected.
- Do not store the clothes steamer with water in the water tank. Always empty the tank after use.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. This clothes steamer allows the user to garment steam with a large flow of steam. High temperatures are generated during use which could cause burns. Always position your hands at the neck ofthe clothes steamer when holding it and warn others (especially children) of the possible dangers of burns from steam,hot water or hot parts,especially when garment steaming vertically.
- Store the clothes steamer out of reach of children.
- The clothes steamer must be used and rested on a stable surface.
- When placing the clothes steamer on its baseensure that the surface on which the base is placed is stable.
- The clothes steamer is not to be used if the clothes steamer has been droppedif there are visible signs of damage or if it is leaking.
- The clothes steamer is designed for household use business trip and to be used with the tap water. Do not put perfumevinegaror other chemicals in the tank. this appliance is not designed to work with these chemicals.
- Always test the clothes steamer on a small discreet part of the fabric to be steamed to ensure the temperatures is not too high for the fabric.
- To prevent damage to the clothes steamer; do not use alkaline cleaning agents when cleaning; Using a soft cloth and mild detergent.
- The clothes steamer generates high temperature steam. Do not touch the steam head during use. when using the clothes steamer; make sure the steamer head is facing away from you and in an upright position.
- The clothes steamer incorporates a thermal safety fuse to protect the clothes steamer from over-heating. However the clothes steamer should not be left unattended while it is connected to the power outlet, special care should always be taken when there are children in the home/vicinity of the clothes steamer.
- Do not fill the water tank past the MAX indicator line as this may cause the water to leak. There may be leakage from the steam head if the clothes steamer temperature is not high enough to vaporize water and create steam. Therefore, ensure that the clothes steamer is always preheated for 20 seconds prior to use.
- Never use the clothes steamer while clothes are on the body or direct the steam towards people or animals.
- Do not allow the cord to touch hot surfaces.
- Keep the clothes steamer clean. Follow the cleaning instructions provided in this book.
- Please do not face the steam to the human body during the use of the product to avoid burns.
- Do not entangle, pull or crush the power cord, which may expose the power cord and cause electric shock and fire.
- Do not fall sideways to prevent water leakage from damaging the floor; tables and blankets .
- Do not insert needles or other foreign objects into the steam outlet of the ironing bottom plate to avoid electric shock or burns.
- Do not add perfume, vinegar; descaling agent or other chemicals to the water tank to avoid staining clothes.
- Please do not modify, disassemble or repair this product by yourself it may be damaged due to a single operation and affect the life of the machine.
- When inserting or unplugging the plug, please hold down the plug and then pull it out, do not pull, twist the power supply, keep your hands dry to avoid electric shock.
- Do not use extension cords with external plugs and do not share plugs with other products to avoid danger.
- Do not approach water sources, fire sources, and flammable materials during use to avoid electric shock or fire .
- Do not immerse the product in water or other liquids, or aim at the water source to rinse or pour water to avoid electric shock.
IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS FOR ALL ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES
- Fully unwind the power cord before use.
- Do not let the power cord hang over the edge of a bench or table； touch not surfaces or become knotted.
- To protect against electric shock, do not immerse the power cord, power plug or appliance in water or any other liquid or allow moisture to come in contact with the part. Unless it is recommended in the cleaning instructions.
- It is recommended to regularly inspect the appliance. To avoid a hazard, do not use the appliance if power cord, power plug or appliance becomes damaged in any way. Return the entire appliance to the nearest authorized service centre for examination and repair .
- This appliance is for household use and business trip . Do not use this appliance for anything other than its intended use. Do not use in moving vehicles or boats. Do not use in bathroom. Misuse may cause injury.
- The installation of a residual current device (safety switch) is recommended to provide additional safety protection when using electrical appliances. It is advisable that a safety switch with a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30m be installed in the electrical circuit supplying the appliance, see your electrician for professional advice.
- Always turn the appliance to the 'OFF' position, switch off at the power outlet, unplug at the power outlet and remove the power cord, if detachable, from the appliance and allowall parts to cool.
- Do not place this appliance on or near a heat source, such as hot plate, oven or heaters.
- Position the appliance at a minimum distance of 20cm away from walls, curtains and other heat or steam sensitive materials and provide adequate space above and on all sides for air circulation.