40CM PEDESTAL FAN
MODEL NO. HG-C1603
AC220-240V 50Hz 50W
BEFORE OPERATING THIS PRODUCT, READ, UNDERSTAND, AND FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
BEFORE FIRST USE
PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE PRODUCT.
When using the electrical appliance, the following basic safety precautions should always be followed.
WARNING- to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock or injury to persons or property:
- Always operate the product from a power source of the same voltage, frequency and rating as indicated on the product identification plate.
- Do not use this fan with any solid state speed control device to reduce the risk of electric shock.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- Children shall not play with the appliance.
- Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- The appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory, mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instructions concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible by their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Do not leave the fan running unattended.
- Do not operate the product if it is dropped, damaged or showing signs of product malfunction. Do not operate the product with a damaged plug or cord. Return the complete product to the place of purchase for inspection, refund or replacement.
- If it is not working properly, contact a qualified electrician or service centre for examination and repair, never try to dismantle it by yourself.
- Do not immerse or expose the product or flexible cord to rain, moisture or any other liquid.
- This product should not be used in the immediate vicinity of water, such as bathtubs, washbowls, swimming pools etc. where the likelihood of immersion or splashing could occur.
- Never install the unit where it could be subject to:
- Heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves or other products that produce heat
- Direct sunlight
- Mechanical vibration or shock
- Excessive dust
- Lack of ventilation, such as a cabinet or bookcase
- Uneven surface
- Switch off and unplug from outlet when the product is not in use, before assembling or disassembling parts and before cleaning. Fully assemble the fan before switching on.
- Avoid contact with moving parts. Do not insert any body parts (e.g. finger) or objects through the grill when the fan is operating.
- Do not cover the grille, or operate in close proximity to curtains, etc.
- This product is intended for normal domestic/household use only.
- Always disconnect the fan when moving it from one location to another.
- The use of attachments or accessories not recommended or sold by the product distributor may cause personal or property hazards or injuries.
- Be sure fan is on a stable surface when operating to avoid overturning.
- Do not immerse in water.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer or its service agent, or similarly qualified person, in order to avoid a hazard.
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
ASSEMBLE OF BASE
- Loosen the L type screw & washer from the bottom of outer tube
- Place outer tube with pipe support on roundbase and fix with the L type screw & washer. .
- Attach the motor with switch compartment onto the inner pipe. Ensure the switch compartment is pushed fully onto the inner pipe and secured with the set screw provided.
ASSEMBLE OF BLADE AND GRILLE
- Unscrew the plastic mounting nut from the front of the motor housing by rotating it anticlockwise.
- Position the rear grille against the front of the motor housing with the handle uppermost, ensuing that the locating pegs on the motor housing are engaged correctly in the holes of the rear grille.
- Tighten the Rear Grille Mounting Nut clockwise. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN IT.
- Push the fan blade onto the motor shaft, locating the slot at the back of the blade on the drive pin that passes through the motor shaft.
- Tighten the blade cap by turning it anticlockwise.
- Position the front grille against the rear grille so that the rims ofthe front and rear grille can engage correctly in the slot of the net ring. Insert the bolt through the holes and nut on the net ring. Do not fully tighten at this stage.
- Ensure the logo on the horizontal position, then fully tighten the small nut and bolt that passes through the net ring
OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT
- Place your fan on a level and dry surface.
- Plug the fan in to a mains socket. Select the desired speed setting. There are 4 settings – 0 (off), 1 (low), 2 (medium) and 3 (high).
- The fan can be set to oscillate by pushing Oscillating Knob downwards. To stop the oscillating feature, pull-up the Oscillation Knob.
- To adjust the tilt angle of fan head, swivel the fan to the desired angle
- Caution: The fan should always be switched off when making this adjustment.
- Switch off and unplug from the power supply before assembling or disassembling and cleaning.
- Keep the air vents at the rear of the main body free from dust or fluff– use a vacuum cleaner to remove these when necessary. Do not probe any opening to remove fluff.
- Fan component parts should be cleaned using mild soap and a damp cloth or sponge. Do not allow any water or other liquid to enter the motor housing.
- Thoroughly remove soap film with clean water.
CAUTION: Do not use harsh detergents, chemical cleaners or solvents as they may damage the surface finish of the fan components.